Sunday, July 10, 2011

Last Day Before Summer School

So, I've already gone more than a week, but I thought I would give a quick update.

God has changed my life in the last week.  Last Friday I found out I may not be eligible for financial aid this fall, so I felt once again like my life was falling into chaos.  Last Sunday I was having another really rough day, I'd been having many of those in the past couple of weeks, but didn't know how to change things.  I finally got myself to spend some time with Jesus, and I prayed that he would show me the verses he wanted me to see, because I had no idea where to start.

I looked up "Seeking God's Direction" in the back of my Bible, and started there.  I read the first three verses, and didn't get much, but then I read Ephesians 5:20, which says "always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father;" (NASB version).

I felt God telling me to thank him, which I thought was crazy, I mean, I had just possibly lost something else in my life, and he wanted me to thank him?  But I decided to go with it, and thought it would probably take a couple of minutes max.  I ended up spending over an hour writing a list of what I'm thankful for, and sobbing. I won't go into details, but I ended up with almost 3 journal pages front and back of things I'm thankful for.

I say that God changed my life, because my countenance has totally changed now.  I'm not fearful of the future.  I'm believing truth again.  I'm even remembering to use truth to fight lies.

Other than that, things have been going ok.  I visited a friend this weekend, and had a nice, relaxing time.  I needed that.  I'm a little worried about school starting up tomorrow, I'll be working 7 or 8 hours Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, then have class for 4 hours each on Monday and Wednesday night.  Then I'll come in probably on Tuesday to make up a couple hours I'll miss for leaving an hour early the nights I have class.  I know, it's a little confusing.

So, prayer requests:
 - Pray that God would continue to be working in my life and teaching me truth.
 - Pray that I would be looking forward to my meeting with Jen (my psychologist) this week.  So far I am looking forward to it, so I'm hoping that stays.
 - Pray that I would handle my new schedule well, and be able to excel in both my class and at work.
 - Pray that I would find time to still be with people and get community, even during my busy schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment