Monday, July 19, 2010

Dear Blogosphere

So I have a thought-provoking blog post that I'm working on writing, but I decided that I wanted to ask a question first.

I'm trying to take a 5-week summer class (FDST131/CHEM131, The Science of Food), and work almost full time each of those weeks (work is busy because we are in the transition period for the Alabama 529 College Savings Plan, which means we are working longer hours each day, for a total of more hours in a week, and everyone is tired, and in a bad mood), and keep all of my commitments besides. Because of this, here's my question:

How many beers, or other alcoholic drinks is it going to take to get me through the next 4 weeks? (One week is already done.)

I just thought it was sort of funny, because I was really upset after work, so I opened a beer, and we just happened to be talking about alcohols in class, and which alcohol it is that we drink (the answer is ethanol by the way).

I've also learned (not through class), that someone should make a watermelon flavored beer (maybe they do and I just don't know about it.) Taking a swig of watermelon pucker, then holding it in your mouth while you add a swig of beer (I'm drinking Michelob Light), makes for a pretty good drink.

Just thought I would throw it out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment