Monday, June 14, 2010

God is great, God is good...

Let us thank him for our...Life? I don't think that's the way that prayer goes, but we never said it when I was growing up, so I'm not positive. That's besides that point though. I think we should rewrite the prayer to say that, since that's how I'm feeling at the moment.

Yesterday I was able to have a wonderful birthday picnic dinner with friends from church. God showed me his overwhelming love through those wonderful people, and then kept showing it to me through another friend yesterday evening.

I was able to spend about an hour with a really good friend I hadn't seen in a year. She reminded me once again of something I've heard many times before, about how God is a loving father who will not break down doors and make us do what he wants us to do, but he will stand by patiently while we pout and throw our tantrums, and sooner or later we will hopefully turn back and do his will. Or something like that. Last night that actually got through my head, and I believe it. I went home, and spent the next hour crying and writing in my prayer journal for the first time in months.

I really think I should go back to trying to figure out this God as a father thing, it may become a breakthrough for me. I've been thinking back on the past year, and realized that my life has changed dramatically from where it was a year ago, even more dramatically from where it was two years ago. But I was reminded of one of the first truths I learned, as Gods' Word says in Romans 8:28 - "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" (emphasis mine.) I'm trying to cling to this truth and hoping it will change my life.

Now, because it's me, there has to be something depressing in this post :P, so here it is. I don't think the enemy likes what happened yesterday, and now I'm sick. Sicker than I've been in a long while (but don't worry, it's not contagious.)

Thank you all for reading, and for sharing my life with me. Feel free to leave me your prayer requests, or e-mail them to me or call me with them if you would feel more comfortable (let me know if you need my e-mail and/or phone number.) I would love to be able to be in prayer for my brothers and sisters in Christ, especially now that I can truthfully say that I'm praying for people.

No comments:

Post a Comment