Monday, June 28, 2010

"Short" update

I know I haven't posted in awhile. I've been trying to think of what to say, and how to put things into words (which is not one of my strong points.) I guess I'll just try to update you on the last couple of weeks.

I found 2 roommates. Jillian and Ashley (no, not the Ashley that stays with me all the time, she lives in another town,) will be moving in on the 1st. I'm not sure what I think about it. It will be really weird having people in the house that aren't family. It seems that the closer it gets to the 1st, the worse I feel. I really didn't want my life to change this much this year, but I guess there's nothing I can do about it but trust God is in control (which is really, REALLY, hard to do.)

I know that this might make a few people mad, but I don't think I'm going to pursue meeting with anyone. At least not right now. I had planned on meeting with Chalena a second time, but then I got sick and had to cancel it. I called her 2 days later and left a message asking when she has some open appointments, and I haven't gotten a call back. That was about a week and a half ago. Maybe this is God's way of telling me to try to lean on him, and trust that he WILL take care of me, instead of believing that I need someone else to. I don't know. I know that I'm trying really hard though. I'm actually trying to read the many books I've had for the last year or two that I really wanted to get read.

Right now I'm going through "Your Own Jesus: A God Insistent on Making It Personal (here on referred to as YOJ)" by Casting Crown's lead singer Mark Hall. If you know me well, you will know that Casting Crowns is my favorite group (not singer, just group), so I was really excited when this book came out. It also has some parallel video blogs that Mark did and put on their website. The book tells you where to find them (called "Crowns' Camp"), and they are mini devotionals. Then Mark gives an assignment at the end of a verse, or passage to meditate on for that day. It's really cool.

I'm also planning on finally getting to "Abba's Child (later will probably be referred to as AC)" (Brittany let me borrow this one at least three years ago, possibly four), "A Hunger for God" (I really should get it returned to Ben, I've had it for months), and at the moment I can't remember the others, but I know there are at least two more, and I think maybe up to four or five more.

I'm also trying (though not succeeding) to write in my prayer journal more, or at least to stop and pray. I trust that God is changing my heart and drawing me closer to him, it's just taking longer than I wanted it to. Does that make any sense?

Alright, well, I should go today's verses in my one year Bible plan, then try to get some sleep. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment