Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day Off

I skipped work today. I called in sick because I barely slept last night and couldn't see straight when I got up because I had such a bad headache. I'm not sure if having this morning off was a good thing or a bad thing though. It just gave me a lot more time to think about what I'm doing today. And that scares me, a lot. Hopefully it won't be too bad though, because after meeting with one friend, I have to go to a Union Bank & Trust/Lincoln Young Professional's Group thing. Then right after that I go meet with another couple of friends.

Did I mention I'm scared? The only reason I can think of for that is because I haven't really prayed for more than 2 minutes in over a year, possibly longer. I'm worried that if I start praying, the dam keeping my emotions in check might break, and I'm not sure I can repair it.

I know this is something I need to do though, and not just because Kristin told me to. I know that I need to find God's will for this part of my life. Do I meet with someone new? Do I not meet with anyone? Do I go back to ignoring everything and stuffing it deep inside? I don't know.

God's Word is supposed to bring peace, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment