Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sorry, I can't think of a catchy name at the moment

Wow, a lot has happened in the last couple of days. I haven't been writing because I haven't had very much time alone.

First off, I met with Kristin on Wednesday and talked a little more about seeing someone else. She also said that next time we meet (which is my last time with her) she will give me a summary of some sort. When I left her, I had to go back to work, but on the way I got up enough courage to call Nicole Kai, the other counselor I had decided to meet. We played phone tag throughout Wednesday, and we finally got a chance to chat on the phone on Thursday. She sounds really nice. I was bold enough to even make an appointment with her for this coming Wednesday. Then I see Kristin for the last time on Thursday, so it should be an interesting week.

I'm amazed that I actually got up the courage to dial Nicole's number, let alone make an appointment with her. I realized though that there wasn't really any way that one of my friends could do it for me, as I don't really see them during the day when her office would have been open. I also am trying really hard to be more independent and rely less on my friends. I need to realize that I'm an adult and have to make my own decisions (even if I don't really like it.)

We had a really busy morning and early afternoon at work on Friday, and then it was really dead until 5, which is sort of annoying. I came home to find that my aunt had done a few more things in the house that no one really asked her to do, and frankly, I didn't want done. I know she means well, but I wish she would have asked first.

My aunt and uncle finally left Saturday afternoon, and one of my friends stayed with me for the weekend, so I still wasn't really alone. I didn't do a whole lot. She realized she probably won't be able to come down for my birthday in two weeks, so she wanted to get me my gift now. She remembered that I hadn't gotten the sixth Harry Potter movie yet, so we went and got that, then watched it last night.

Sunday School and church today, then I planned on practicing my guitar some, finishing my laundry, and maybe doing the dishes. It ended up that I've spent about the last 4 hours doing random cleaning/organizing projects around the house, and haven't gotten around to practicing. I only did this because I have a potential roomate coming by the house Tuesday evening, and my mom will be here cleaning tomorrow, and I feel bad when she does everything. Especially because then she gets mad at me for not doing anything (although it's hard to clean something when you have no idea what to do with it.)

Now I'm sitting here enjoying a bowl of cereal with actual skim milk! I know I shouldn't be drinking it, but my aunt and uncle left almost an entire gallon in the fridge, and I haven't had it in so long. I forgot how good it tastes. Oh well, I should probably go fold the three loads of clothes I did today, and then I should try to get some sleep.

Hope everyone is having a good Memorial Day weekend. Remember those who have served and are serving in our armed forces!

No comments:

Post a Comment