Sunday, May 16, 2010

Car Jinx

Today I once again earned my nickname of a car jinx. This time I somehow completely flattened the rear drivers tire on my mom's car. I know it wasn't that way after church, I didn't notice anything wrong, and it drove just fine. But there had been a light lit up on the dashboard for about a day, and I didn't know what it meant. So while my mom was in town today, I asked her about it, of course she was smart enough to look in the manual, and as soon as we realized the light meant "low tire pressure", we noticed the flat tire (did I mention it was completely flat, as in no air at all, I've only seen one other tire that flat in my life and I stupidly drove home on that one, which proceeded to fall apart in our driveway, but hey, I was in high school and stupid at the time.)

I have now been a jinx to every car I can think of that I have driven for more than a few days. The tire listed above that was shredded, that was on my first vehicle, my truck. I had an old lady smash into my nice red car less than 6 months after I got it. I drove my mom's convertible for awhile, and had a flat tire on that one. When I had the prism (my little blue/green car) I had to swerve into the median to keep another car from running into me, and that ruined a tire, then I also rear-ended someone while driving it and really messed up the front end. And finally, the car I have now, my silver Pontiac sunfire, a lady ran into it when I was leaving work one day a few months ago and it is just now getting fixed (which is why I have my mom's car in the first place.)

As you can probably tell, I didn't have a very good afternoon. So once my mom left, I sat and fumed for about an hour to try and calm myself down, then proceeded to take a hot shower. Have you ever had the feeling that you just wanted to wash the entire day off of you in the shower, or that while you are taking a hot shower you can sort of be in another world and ignore real life for a little while? That may sound crazy, but it's what happened to me tonight.

Another strange fact about me and showers, every single piece of brilliant inspiration I've had in my life has come to me while I was taking a shower. When I was in Jacksonville for the Navigators Summer Training Program a few years back, this inspiration in the shower thing happened a couple times, and my team decided that from then on, any time I needed to make an important decision, I should take a hot shower first and see what came to me. Maybe it's because when I'm taking a shower, I finally slow down enough that God is able to talk to me. I usually try to keep myself busy and ignore the LORD at the moment, so maybe that's why inspiration always comes when I'm in the shower.

Ok, so this post is getting really strange, and really long, so I think I should stop now and try to get some sleep. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment